[time-nuts] Ublox 8T - breakout board

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 09:06:11 UTC 2020

Just a quick note for anyone building these - I got my boards back and
assembled them
and everything works except for the USB port.  This is being caused by the
VDD_USB
pin being fairly low-impedance and dragging down the voltage of the R7/R9
potential
divider to about 700mV, at which point the module doesn't recognize it's
connected.

I guess the "proper" fix would be to add another 3.3V LDO to the board that
runs from
VBUS and generates VDD_USB - but for testing purposes I removed R7 and
connected
the VDD_USB pin to the 3.3V on pin 2 of U4 - after doing this, the board
connected
and enumerated as a virtual COM port.

Regards,

Pete