[time-nuts] low power divide by 5

Gary Woods garygarlic at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 2 18:08:33 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 19:23:03 +0200, you wrote:

>Makes me think one could use the input signal edge to synchronize a 2N6027 based programmable unijunction oscillator, thus effecting a divide by 5. Unlikely the 6027 would be fast enough for 50 MHz, but maybe a 2 transistor equivalent using RF transistors? Output would be nowhere near the 40%-60% range, though. Might just have to build one for fun.

And _that_ makes me think of an early Navy airborne Loran set that
used step counters to make the time base.  Adjustments were through
holes in the side of the case, because some poor soul would have to
tweak them now and again.
--
Gary Woods O- K2AHC   Public keys at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic, or get 0x1D64A93D via keyserver
fingerprint =  E2 6F 50 93 7B C7 F3 CA  1F 8B 3C C0 B0 28 68