[time-nuts] Austron 1150 info uploaded to KO4BB

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:25:09 UTC 2020

Hello Time-Nuts,
I have uploaded some pictures and reverse engineered schematic
information for the Austron/Datum 1150 oscillator to the KO4BB
website.  It is currently in the recently uploaded files area.

I did this work a long time ago and have just now got around uploading to it.

There is a pretty good set of schematics from 2017, but I also found a
couple of pages from 2009 when I disassembled another unit (the
schematics appear significantly different).  Also please note - the
data sheet (included in the package) has a different pinout than my
schematics.  The unit I repaired came out of an Austron 2100 (and 2110
for the 2009 information).

There are also a half dozen pictures for reference.  The can is fairly
easily opened by placing it in a vise (bottom to the side or slightly
down) and placing screws in a couple of the mounting holes.  Then heat
the soldered seam with a butane torch and use pliers on the screws to
pull the bottom out.

If anyone has a dead one, I would be willing to attempt repair - but
no guarantees.  They are nice oscillators.

Regards,
Skip Withrow