[time-nuts] HP 5065A Aging

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Fri Jul 10 13:39:13 UTC 2020

My HP 5065A has very good AV and is only used for AV tests. Because of lack of space it is not part of my frequency set up. See picture. How ever I started last September long term aging test. For the last 300 days the change is 5 E-15. with a 48 hour average. The unit has not been touched except for reset of the power fail light. The unit has a temperature sensitivity of 1 E -12.

In my home the thermostat is on one end of the house and the lab at the other end. My environmental monitor shows a 2 C change over 24 hours. In September last year my monitor was in Washington State so I have to degrade my results. Will continue the test.
The Rb is against the outside wall and the monitor away from the unit and airflow. There is no vent in the lab but the wall is only 8 feet high and there is a vent on the other side. Tests have shown air temperature out of the vents on this side are 1.3 C higher than ones next to the attic air handler.
Bert Kehren