[time-nuts] PDIP package 100 MHz decade dividers

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 22:00:17 UTC 2020

Learned List,
On previous posts I was looking for a PDIP package 100 MHz decade divider. Reading just the front of the data sheet I thought that the 74LS161 would work. Boy, was I wrong.  Several members posted that 25 Mhz max was its limit.
So *on the road again* (sorry Willie) I went on another search this time with the correct logic family.
It turns out Arrow carries the 74HC161 for less that $1.
Additionally I D/L'd the Charles Wenzel Unusual Frequency Dividers PDF and discovered a 100 MHz decade divider circuit using 1/2 of a 74HC74 in a configuration that will decade divide up to 300 MHz.
I'm attaching a copy of the circuit for anyone interested.
Regards,
Perrier