[time-nuts] Frequency division by 81

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Jun 18 23:12:09 UTC 2020

On 6/18/2020 4:58 AM, Gilles Clement wrote:
> Hi
> I need to divide the output of an OCXO by a factor D=81 for testing purposes. So with minimum added phase noise.

If you are using any kind of digital divider, let me
recommend that you first condition the signal to be
divided by using an ADI LTC6957-1 to convert a sine
wave into a high slew rate square wave without a lot
of added noise.  If it is already a square wave, you
still might want to pass it through a narrow bandpass
filter to remove phase noise, and then turn it back
into a square wave.  All of this is almost more
important than what you use to actually do the
division itself.

Rick N6RK