[time-nuts] Frequency division by 81

Robert LaJeunesse lajeunesse at mail.com
Sat Jun 20 14:55:26 UTC 2020

Gilles, if I read the Calosso-Rubiola paper correctly a Pi divider is pretty much your standard square-wave producing digital divider, such as a 74163 (for even divides). There's odd-value (3,5,7) Pi dividers shown at https://www.theremin.us/Circuit_Library/symmetrical_digital_dividers.html. What the Calosso-Rubiola paper promotes is the Lambda divider, which is depicted in figure 2 of the paper.

Bob L.