[time-nuts] cheap frequency extension for timepod

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Oct 17 18:31:01 UTC 2020

Hi

The TimePod is a measurement device designed by John Miles. It will accept
an input up to just above 30 MHz. If you want to look at something above
that frequency, you need a downconverter. The TimePod will handle inputs
up into the 15 to 20 dbm range. If one wished to preserve this capability,
fairly high level mixers would be needed.

More info on the TimePod:

https://www.microsemi.com/product-directory/phase-noise-and-allen-deviation-testers/4131-3120a <https://www.microsemi.com/product-directory/phase-noise-and-allen-deviation-testers/4131-3120a>

It now has a big brother as well:

https://www.microsemi.com/product-directory/phase-noise-and-allen-deviation-testers/4131-3120a <https://www.microsemi.com/product-directory/phase-noise-and-allen-deviation-testers/4131-3120a>