[time-nuts] power supply for Z3801

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:24:33 UTC 2020

Jim
I think anything will do. Internally it hits a bunch of switchers that
convert to the internal needs. One funny thing I have run into is that
switchers do not always like feeding switchers. Or perhaps a larger
switcher to handle the startup current is the trick.
I believe on the back of the 3801 it says the supply range an I think there
were two models.
Something like 36V. Been a while with respect to digging in but the 3801
still is working.
I actually used 24 X 24V linears in series. Typical lamdas...
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL