[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz BVA has been sold. Thank you all who expressed an interest.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Sep 25 20:21:42 UTC 2020

--------
Larry McDavid writes:

> Yes, it would be nice to have a Powerpole option for the Mini-Box
> Y-PWR-Hot-Swap-Load-Sharing-Controller identified below, but it would be
> even better if it would operate with 48 volt supplies for ex-telecom
> equipment.

There are tons of chips in that market, precisely because of hotplugging
telecom kit.  LT makes a lot of it.

Another interesting gadget are "smart bypass diodes" for solar panels:

	https://www.ti.com/product/SM74611

Disadvantage:  They cycle between conducting and charging their bias, and I have no idea how noisy that is.

Advantage: Packages which can be easily soldered by hand.