[time-nuts] Re: Request for Spirent GSS4200 User Manual

Andrew Kalman aekalman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 09:28:02 UTC 2021

Nigel.

Thanks -- the file download worked, and now I have the USB drivers I'll
have to test.Once I have the utilities disk, that is :-)

One thing that I find odd is that the 4200 is a 6-channel machine, and it
does 4100/6100 emulation, but there is no obvious way to "engage" the
various channels via a command. I have noticed that a "CHAN" command does
not generate an error, but it also doesn't appear to enable more channels
than 1 -- it's as if only the scenarios can get the other channels working.
This may also be an ambiguity / result of how the GPIB commands work -- if
"CHAN" is an argument to some command, that might also be why treating it
as a command does not result in an error.

The GSS4200 manual you posted is a bit younger than the first one I got,
but materially they're pretty much identical.

--Andrew

Andrew E. Kalman, Ph.D.