[time-nuts] Re: Query about List and about 10 MHz Distro

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Sun Aug 29 18:45:01 UTC 2021

On 8/29/21 10:29 AM, Robert DiRosario wrote:
> Andrew Sureflex (FSJ) is a lot more flexible then the LDF4 Healix,
> which is what you find a
> lot of on ebay and at hamfests.
>
> Here is some 1/4"  Sureflex, new:
>
> Andrew Type N Male to Type N Male Sureflex Cable 30 feet
> F1RNA-PNMNM-30-L1 NEW!
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/173863049072
> US $30.00 + $13.02 Shipping.  For two pieces shipping goes to $16.33,
> for three $22.90
>
> You can cut it with a hacksaw, do NOT use wire cutters. Connectors can be
> installed with just hand tools.
>
> If you move the test equipment around it's not very practical, but if
> it's setup on
> a bench or in a rack it will work.
>
> Robert

ya know.. system cost for optical fiber is probably cheaper than
hardline - the cable certainly is (about $15 for a 100 ft duplex single
mode). And the analog/optical converters at either end are probably
cheaper than hardline coax connectors. And *way* easier to install.

We just need to figure out which COTS media converter is right for
"time-nuts" usage.