[time-nuts] Re: Clock displays -- eye response

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Dec 10 22:05:00 UTC 2021

Hi Jim:

Interesting paper on flashing temporal response.

  "Have Quick" is primarily a spread spectrum radio protocol but it also includes a time transfer/setting protocol.
The early Trimpack GPS receivers included a time setting output.
https://prc68.com/I/Trimpack.shtml

The PLGR & DAGR output the HQ digital data used to set the time in the O-1814 Rb.  The O-1814 was part of the Program
Pacer Speak System so that inbound bombers coming from far away would hear the HQ radio transmissions.
https://prc68.com/I/MT6250.shtml

There are different flavors of HQ time protocol, but the newer one just adds data after the older one so is backward
compatible.

It's tricky to see the data.  I needed to use an SRS DG535 to delay the scope trigger so that I could use a very fast
sweep speed.
https://prc68.com/I/DAGR.shtml#HQ1PPS - scroll down a little to see the HQ setup.

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE
https://www.PRC68.com
axioms:
1. The extent to which you can fix or improve something will be limited by how well you understand how it works.
2. Everybody, with no exceptions, holds false beliefs.