[time-nuts] Re: Clock displays -- eye response

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Dec 10 22:13:14 UTC 2021

Hi

Actually Have Quick (at least the airborne VHF version) was developed
in parallel with SINCGARS. For quite a while it was unclear which one
would “get there” first.

The “time transfer” function is required for crypto synch. Without it, there
the typical radio can not lock up to the current code set. In some cases
the synch is done on the ground from a portable Rb. In others it is done
on air from the ground or (possibly) another aircraft.

Last I heard, ARC-164’s were still happily chugging along doing their
thing ….

Bob