[time-nuts] Symmetricom TimeSource 3000

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Feb 20 09:26:22 UTC 2021

> I was able to locate a manual online ...
> I have tried wiresharking the Ethernet port ...

It's not likely to say anything unless you poke it.  Do you know its IP
Addresss?

I took a quick look at a specs page I found online.  I didn't recognize any of
the communication buzzwords.

Did you try wiresharking while it boots?  Do you have a DHCP server on that
physical net?  If it doesn't ask for an IP Address, it probably already has
one configured into some flash ROM.

Does the manual indicate a button or paperclip recipe for revert to factory
defaults?

It might not reply to NTP requests until the GPS is working.  That may never
work if it has saved the old location in flash.  Or maybe it is running a self
survey and that takes a long time.

> It was litterally sitting by the dumpster.

Maybe there is a reason.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.