[time-nuts] Model numbers of RS232 to GPIB controllers

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Sat Jan 9 23:22:00 UTC 2021

Oh boy, I'd forgotten these even existed:-)
Somewhere, in a very remote corner of a dark and lonely shelf, I probably still have lurking a Brainboxes PSI Box, described optimistically as a "flexible three way interface converting between IEEE488, RS232 and Centronics Parallel".
Brainboxes was, and still is, a UK company, with a name that perhaps doesn't hint at modesty but who make some very nice kit, and the PSI box..... is probably best forgotten:-)

By the time I bought mine, must be at least 20 years ago, I thought I had enough experience of RS232 interfacing to be able to cope with just about anything, but this sure made me think I might be wrong after all:-)

ISA GPIB cards, PCI GPIB cards, anything and everything has to beat RS232 to GPIB, but nowadays there's nothing to beat National USB to GPIB modules.
Nigel GM8PZR