[time-nuts] Ebay Huawei Ublox M8T Modules Warning

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 22:32:24 UTC 2021

Noticed Bluegirls changing her listing based on Nigel's false information.

Hmmmmm.... Really?

Please help me understand what false information I'm supposed to have provided?

I've explained to the seller that the supply voltage should be quoted as a nominal 3.3V, with a maximum of 3.6V,

and that the antenna supply is recommended to be up to 5V with a maximum of 6V.

Ok, so the data sheet actually specifies the Antenna voltage range operating range 2.7 to 5.5V, but I was trying

to keep it simple.

Unfortunately it seems that the connection data supplied by this and other sellers is based on stock images,

either you get the incorect original showing two 5V supplies, or the current alternative showing two 3.3V supplies.

The current image may not be telling the whole story but, as I commented earlier, at least it's playing it safe.

Beyond that I guess it's back to RTFM as always!

Nigel, GM8PZR