[time-nuts] Leakage, tinySA

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 18 19:55:06 UTC 2021

notfaded1 at gmail.com said:
> FWIW I don't have spurs at 10MHz.

Have you looked carefully?  I have to zoom in on the bandwidth in order to see
it.  Somebody else called it a birdie.

My unit came from R&L.  I'm reasonably sure it's genuine.

If I look at 10 MHz center and 25 or 100 k span, there is a faint something
down in the noise.  Most of the time, the marker that automagically ends up on
top of the highest peak is in the middle.  At a quick glance, there is nothing
there.  If I look carefully, there is usually a small bump about 3 kHz wide.
 It's easier to see at 25 kHz since it's wider.  It's faintly visible on a
waterfall.

That's with the antenna terminated or when I wander down the street.  There is
a similar thing at 50 MHz.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.