[time-nuts] introduction

Wilko Bulte wkb at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 3 13:14:51 UTC 2021

hi,

Thought it be good to introduce myself, being new to the list etc.
My name is Wilko, I am a ham operator located in Arnhem, the eastern part of the Netherlands, callsign PA1WBU. There is at least one list member that knows me (hi Poul ;)

I recently found myself with 2x UCCM GPSDO, a FEI Rb &  a Meinberg LanTime M300 DCF77 unit. Since, say, 3 weeks I also have an Efratom MFS. A fellow ham and I bought this as military surplus, it had 2x 5MHz Rb MRK, a MGPS, a bunch of MBU battery units, MBF distrib amps, monitoring unit etc. All housed in a rather hefty 6U double depth 19" rackmount box.

Since it has been split in two separate units, each holding a Rb, PSU, and some distrib amps. So the two of us now each have a small 3U Rb reference in our ham shack. And one that does not take up too much space on the bench.

Sounds like the time-nuts (well, frequency-nut) virus has spread :-|

Wilko

NB: we have some MFS modules surplus to requirements, like the MGPS. In case there is interest, please contact me off list. It is better to offer m here tthan sticking them on eBay I suppose?