[time-nuts] Re: Ryzen mobos with serial port for Garmin GPS?

Angus not.again at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 7 00:00:00 UTC 2021

Although I didn't buy any of them for timing, I did make sure that
they were based on a 16550 UART since a lot of legacy hardware and
software expects that. Startech emphasizes the 16550 and no bridge,
but they are not cheap and I'm not convinced that they're worth it.
Mine were just cheaper 2 to 6 port ones, although it is possible to go
too cheap!