No subject

Wed Nov 10 19:32:08 UTC 2021

satellites which kept at constant elevation encircling your house. I deem that
rather unlikely. ;-)

As already mentioned (although theoretically possible), typically the
positions of the satellites in the sky for such plots are not calculated from
the GNSS data itself, but just from the orbit data (ephemerides) that either
originates from the almanac sent by the GNSS constellation or is downloaded
from the internet in your program together with your position and local time.

As you seem to have multiple traces entering the 'forbidden' region up to the
north where no GPS satellites ever go with nearly constant elevation, it looks
rather like a software bug of the plotting program to me.

Or did you somehow do a gliding average of elevation and azimuth values
separately and somehow the average was pulled there when az was zero
(see also Dana's post: "I own at least two Garmin handhelds that park out-of-
service sat symbols at due north on the horizon.")?

Cheers,
	Jürgen