[time-nuts] Re: Frequency Standard - Where Can I Get One.

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sun Nov 21 20:57:15 UTC 2021

Hi,

So, on that note. I am surprised that I have not seen popular telecom
rubidiums being reverse-engineered. For instance, the LPRO-101 should
have been reverse-engineered a long time. Some of the circuitry is known
from patents, but those do not build up a complete schematic. I've
considered to do the job, but apparently I have not been able to sit
down and do that particular job either.

I think the LRPO-101 should not be too much of a challenge. Beyond the
schematic some documentation of the other functions, hints and tips,
etc. that is related should be written up so one approach something
similar to a service manual.

With enough people contributing, I think it should not be too hard to
collect things. We should be able to provide useful hints and tricks,
such as suitable replacement components etc.

Cheers,
Magnus