[time-nuts] Finding a replacement VFD for my 58503A GPSDO

Stan swperk at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 22 01:42:14 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Well, there's no getting around the fact that I need replacement VFD for my
58503A. It turns out that the pin that's supposed to illuminate segment E
does nothing. In fact, running through a few other pins, I found some that
illuminated more than one segment, so this VFD is definitely on its way out.

After finding some outrageously priced VFDs on eBay ($230 plus tax), I
located a source for a Samsung INB-12MM53T from a company called PDA Parts.
They wanted "only" $108 plus shipping, but all things considered, it's a
relative bargain.

Stan