[time-nuts] Re: NTP servers

Steven Sommars stevesommarsntp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 04:15:31 UTC 2021

LeoNTP note:    I've seen these units infrequently return NTP responses
that are off by N-seconds (N is a small integer.)
I could not determine the root cause.

One other oddity.  The returned NTP root dispersion is always 0, even when
the unit runs in holdover mode.
The support people say that this is intentional; the NTP "precision" field
is varied instead.
This is the wrong approach.

Despite this I use my LeoNTP constantly.  It is small, convenient, simple
and can handle almost 100Mbps of NTP requests.