[time-nuts] Re: 1 pps / Gerber files

Gerhard Hoffmann ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Wed Nov 24 21:06:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

it took some time to make the Gerbers, the board for my own
Lucent Z3811A is home-etched, so I did not need them.
I made a .pdf and laser-printed it 1:1 on film for the
pre-sensitized board.

Producing Gerbers/drill files for real manufacture takes more
care, like readable component numbers and a BOM. Normally I use
only parts that I have here..

the package is on
<  http://www.hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de/downloads/doubdist2.zip   >

The inner zipfile "project output.....zip" is the file that has
to be uploaded to JLCPCB or whoever the board maker of your
choice may be. I uploaded it to JLCPCB and on their web site
it looks familiar, no complaints. But I did not order it,
for me the problem is solved already. The price of $2 is
for 5 pcs. IIRC.

I changed the SMD voltage regulators from SMD to TO-220 for
easier cooling, beautified around the SMA connectors and
added component printing.
Otherwise I stayed as close as possible to my prototype.

If someone wants to make changes and has Altium Designer,
the source files are available, also.

Cheers, Gerhard DK4XP