[time-nuts] Re: 1 pps / Gerber files

Andrew Kalman aekalman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 21:07:22 UTC 2021

DaveM is absolutely right -- JLCPCB is crazy cheap (and great quality) for
small runs of PCBs, esp. in the default config (green soldermask PCBs,
simple HASL (leaded) finish, 0.062" thick, et.).

When I do PCBs I often choose alternate soldermask colors (there's a
madness to the method :-) ), and I pretty much always go with ENIG (gold
finish), to avoid any corrosion issues, etc. But that adds an easy
$20-$40/board.

If you want the absolute cheapest way to go, follow DaveM's instructions!
It's a great way for folks who are not yet experienced with PCBs to get
into handling PCBs, esp. if someone else is providing the Gerbers (the
source files for making the PCBs).

(At this point in my life I have designed around well over 500 PCBs).

--Andrew

Andrew E. Kalman, Ph.D.