[time-nuts] Re: HP 5065A, no 2nd harmonic.

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Tue Nov 30 17:05:25 UTC 2021

Do these thermal fuses fail spontaneously or is there a common cause?

If the "heater" transistor mounting screws were quite loose, those
transistors themselves might have overheated and failed. But, a thermal
fuse should fail by high temperature...

Sounds like progress, though. Cold OCXO means low frequency.

Jared, I sent you a private email with some pictures; did you get that?

Larry

On 11/30/2021 8:03 AM, Jared Cabot via time-nuts wrote:
> Well, I found it, the thermal fuse is open circuit.
> If I briefly bypass it with a jumper wire, the oven pulls the expected current.
>
> Looks like I need something that will trip at roughly around 115C, rated to 1.0A
> (HP Part number 10811-80008)
> Hopefully I can find something in Akihabara to make it easier to get my hands on ASAP...
>
> Jared
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB