[time-nuts] NOS Citizen Satellite Wave watch is excess to my needs

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:06:31 UTC 2021

Hello Time-Nuts,
It's a long story, and I'm not going to waste bandwidth, but I have a
NOS Citizen Eco-Drive Satellite Wave wrist watch that is excess to my
needs.  I personally wear one exactly like this one and love it.  The
newer versions have an extra small dial that I don't particularly care
for and seem to have too much bling (color) for me.

This watch is a model CC3005-85E (F150 movement) that has been
discontinued.  This unit was manufactured in 2016 for the Mexico
import market.  The watch and packaging are the same as the U.S.
version, except some of the documentation printing is in Spanish.  You
can check out the Citizen website for this model at
https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/product/CC3005-85E.html .

This watch has a GPS receiver and syncs time every 6 days (or on
manual command).  But what I really like is that it has 40 world time
zones that are very easy to set the watch to.  If you cross time zones
often having the correct time is a snap.  Of course it will change
time zones automatically for your location, but you may have to wait
up to 6 days, or you can do it with the watch stem manually in a snap.

The downside of this watch is that GPS knows nothing about daylight
savings time.  So, you have to turn DST on and off manually, but
again, it is very easy to do.

The watch has a sapphire crystal, and solar cell that charges the
internal battery.

This unit retailed for $1150 new.  I would like to offer it up to the
time-nut community for $600 shipped to a U.S. address.  If the buyer
is international, shipping would be additional.  I have attached two
photos.  Unit comes with all packaging as pictured, suitable for gift
presentation.

Please contact me off list if interested.

Thanks,
Skip Withrow