[time-nuts] Re: NOS Citizen Satellite Wave watch is excess to my needs

Mike Monett zak at teksavvy.com
Mon Sep 13 22:19:49 UTC 2021

I don't know if this post will work, but there is a simpler and cheaper way
to put time on your wrist.

A Casio Waveceptor Atomic Watch receives WWVB time from Fort Collins and
Rugby, England each night. It switches to and from DST automatically and is
generally accurate to within 1/10 second. The battery is specified to last
for 2 years, but both of my watches have gone much longer.

The Waveceptor watches are available at
https://www.casio.com/products/watches/wave-ceptor
starting at USD$39.95

Waveceptor Manual
https://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/009/qw3054.pdf

WWVB Coverage Area
https://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvbcoverage.htm

Fort Collins, Colorado 60 KHz time signal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWVB

Rugby, England 60 KHz time signal
"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_from_NPL_(MSF)"

JJY in Japan also transmits on 60 KHz with a similar format to WWVB, but I
don't know if the Waveceptor will receive it. It is not in the Waveceptor
City Code.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JJY

There are 683 posts that refer to WWVB in the time-nuts archives. You can
read them here:

"https://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=wwvb&l=time-nuts%40lists.febo.com"

Mike