[time-nuts] Re: Best Leo Bodnar configuration for 10MHz

Julien Goodwin time-nuts at studio442.com.au
Mon Sep 27 15:18:38 UTC 2021

On 14/9/21 4:17 pm, Marek Dorsic wrote:
> Hi Community,
>
>    I received my Leo Bodnar Mini GPS Reference Clock.
> The same 10MHz output frequency can be achieved by varios configuration settings.
> Are some of these combinations better than others?

Since I'm currently in the "playing with new (to me) toy" mode as over
the weekend I had an HP 53310A show up, I figured I might as well chuck
my own LeoNTP unit's 10MHz into it and see what I got.

The reference oscillator is my house frequency standard out of an
Efratom FRK, doubled and distributed via a Spectracom 8140.

https://twitter.com/LapTop006/status/1442495414012243972/photo/1

1Hz span, the few samples that go off are all on-screen at a 5Hz span.

Really neat unit, absolutely perfect for my ongoing oscillator
experiments. (Sadly not only does this unit have the base oscillator and
no 10811, it's also unable to be brought to cal, so pretty much only
usable locked to a house reference)