[time-nuts] Re: Power and heat re: Heathkit WWV clock / where are the good oscillators?

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:26:29 UTC 2022

Fran Blanche goes through the regulator circuit in detail and shows it's
having to deal with too large a voltage drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yxSz4aNbE&t=323s

In a later video she removes the switching regulator a previous owner has
fitted, because it's generating interference that stops the clock receiving
the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3UaHxhnac&t=385s