[time-nuts] HP 10811A unusual appearance

Matt Huszagh huszaghmatt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 04:22:09 UTC 2022

Hi,

I purchased a few standalone HP 10811As. One of them piqued my curiosity
a bit because it doesn't look like the other 10811s I'd seen before. In
particular, it doesn't have a full serial number and the PCBs don't use
green solder mask.

Any idea what might account for these differences? Was this perhaps an
early unit? I'm not too concerned about it; just curious.

I did a basic test of the operation and it seemed totally normal:
typical oven and oscillator current draw and warm up time. Normal levels
for oscillator output. I haven't done any more rigorous tests, such as
for phase noise or aging performance.

Thanks
Matt