[time-nuts] Symmetricom GPS Antenna/Downconverter?

AC0XU (Jim) James.Schatzman at ac0xu.com
Wed Dec 14 02:23:31 UTC 2022

I have a couple Symmetricom TimeSource 3500  systems that I would like to test. Unfortunately, it requires an external GPS downconverter, either

a) 090-72010-71 integrated antenna/downconverter (or 990-72050-96 kit)

or

b) Window/wall antenna and separate downconverter 090-72050-71 or -72.

Does anyone know where to locate the 090-72010-71 antenna for a reasonable price?

I see that there are a couple of window/wall downconverters on Ebay for too-high prices so that is not attractive. Although, I am wondering whether one of the window/wall downcoverters could be attached to a modern antenna/LNA. Anyone know about that?

Thanks!

Jim