[time-nuts] Re: Looking For An Antenna

kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Tue Feb 1 03:02:46 UTC 2022

     I used to own/use a 468-DC. They are, unfortunately, useless now
because NOAA stopped transmitting the UHF-based time code over the GOES
satellites in the early 2000's (this is, very likely, why it was so cheap).

     In short ... Even if you got a perfect antenna for the unit,
there's nothing for it to receive. I believe you'd be wasting your time
and money (unless you want to get -really- adventurous and try adapting
its innards to sync off GPS).

     Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

--
Bruce Lane, ARS KC7GR