[time-nuts] Re: 10 MHz TCXO periodically jumping 20 mHz up and down, solved

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Sat Feb 19 20:18:06 UTC 2022

Magnus, others
My previous mail was not very clear but the jumping problem was solved.
It was not caused by the TCXO but by small current fluctuations in the TCXO
causing small VCC fluctuations causing feedback into he Vtune input because
the Vtune was derived from the VCC.
I just did not realize how sensitive the Vtune input was.

Thanks again for the feedback as now I realize I need to check if there is
not a synthesizer inside that is being set when changing Vtune or
temperature causing unwanted clicks or steps. Can this be tested by using a
slow small sweep on Vtune and check with timelab is there are no jumps in
the sweep?
Or is it better to analize a high harmonic of the 10MHz on a SA?