[time-nuts] Re: HP Z3801A project update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:53:38 UTC 2022

Hi Ed
I have used satstat also but favor ladyheather. So nice.
Internally there was a mod that allowed the 3801 to output true rs 232.
Numbers of jumpers as I recall. Like 8 or 10.
If your using satstat then it doesn't remember anything.
As suggested in the points if the almanac is gone it can take quite a few
hours to regain it. No harm or foul, just time.
Its been a long time since I was in the 3801. But I just hooked the aa
batteries to the gps receiver terminals for that. No muss or fuss. The
reason to keep the batteries outside is to easily check V and watch for
corrosion or leakage. I change them every 2 years or so. Even if good.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL