[time-nuts] Re: Another reason to monitor line frequency :) - My AC measurement project & question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jan 22 16:21:05 UTC 2022

Hi

None of these transformers are designed for audio use. The same is true
of the various inductors and capacitors mounted up on power poles to try
to phase correct the distribution process. Pretty much all of them are “out
in the wild” and thus exposed to fairly large temperature swings.

All of that suggests that the typical power distribution line is pretty narrow
band / low pass. Indeed back in the day, that’s what we found when measuring
this and that.

I’d vote for sticking with the transformer.

Bob