[time-nuts] Re: Optimizing GPSDO for phase stability

Erik Kaashoek erik at kaashoek.com
Sat May 28 08:29:29 UTC 2022

Hi Magnus,

I've insufficient understanding of PLL's to grab the full meaning of
your remark on "shift of the resonance"
Attached are the 3 phase PSD plots from stable32. Is that what you where
looking for?
Tick_01 is for Kp=0.1, Tick_004 is for Kp=0.04, etc...
With Kp=0.01 there seems to be a peak at 3e-3Hz, for the other Kp it
seems to be less evident if there is a resonance peak in the phase.
Also attached are the Frequency PSD plots (Freq_001, Freq_004, etc...)
and these show a clear shift of the peak.
Does this shift imply the loop is not yet tuned optimal?
Erik.