[time-nuts] Re: Do time nuts only use and measure 10MHz clocks?

zfe zfefm at gmx.de
Fri Oct 7 10:00:10 UTC 2022

Do you know Andrew Holme's phase noise project:
http://www.aholme.co.uk/PhaseNoise/Main.htm
There it is possible that the DUT and references have different
frequencies up to a factor 4. Even differnt frequencies for the two
references would be possible, but that is not yet implemented (it would
need a second NCO in the FPGA - I did ask for that in a future version
of the software).

I measured clocks for audio puposes (24.576MHz, resp 22.5792Mhz and
multiples). My OCXO with best close-in phase noise have 16.384MHz. So
this freedom in choice of frequencies is very helpfull.