[time-nuts] Re: Oncore Still alive

Clint Jay cjaysharp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:19:21 UTC 2022

1.5V is probably enough to have kept data alive but how much use the data
would have been after 2 years I don't know.

Having said that, I recently powered up a couple of U-Blox modules that had
been packed away for a similar length of time, the Neo 7 locked in under a
minute using a cheap ceramic patch antenna (the inch square type rather
than the pathetic, tiny rectangular thing) but the Neo 6 took an awful lot
longer and was flaky even when locked (though I have my doubts about that
unit, it's got signs of heat damage and has 2 labels, both U-Blox but one
covering another which suggests to me it's a reclaimed part rather than
new).