[time-nuts] Re: looking for multi-constellation GNSS nav receiver with bluetooth or WiFi interface

John Sloan jsloan at diag.com
Sat Oct 15 15:57:38 UTC 2022

> I want to thank everyone for their guidance. Seems I was running down a
> rat-hole that might not exist. However I have more than enough to go
> research specific options in other directions now.

Sorry, I missed this thread, so maybe this has been discussed. I’ve used a Garmin GLO with my own Linux/GNU-based NMEA-compliant SW. It speaks Bluetooth, and receives GPS and GLONASS. The newer GLO 2 (which I haven’t tried) is about US$99 on the Garmin website. I can provide details about how I used the GLO on Linux. (I routinely use my own SW running on a battery-powered Pi to forward USB-connected GNSS receiver output across internet connections using UDP, but that may be a bit of a learning curve for anyone else.) — John

--
J. L. Sloan             Digital Aggregates Corporation
+1.303.489.5178         3440 Youngfield Street