[time-nuts] Re: looking for multi-constellation GNSS nav receiver with bluetooth or WiFi interface

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 13 17:23:48 UTC 2022

Hi

There are a variety of demo boards out there. Some have
WiFi / Bluetooth on them. The uBlox F9x products would be
one of the prime candidates. They are multi band / multi
constellation devices. You might also look into the Septentrio
Mosiac demo boards.

For a full up module with , the Septentrio AsteRx-M3 boards look like
some of them would likely fill the bill. They are more than a bit
expensive.

How any of this would interface with specific nav software is very
much a “that depends” sort of thing. Unless multi GNSS / multi
band gear is commonly available for this application …. I’d bet
it’s not going to drop right in.

If indeed what you are looking for is a robust solution based on
multi band and multi constellation comparisons, that is a pretty
significant software undertaking. There is software that works with
multi this and multi and they simply averages thing. If one input
goes a bit bonkers, so does the average. The “how do I decide”
stuff isn’t always there ……

Bottom line : I’d take a pretty good look at the software before I
put a few thousand dollars into this or that bunch of electronics.

Bob