[time-nuts] Re: BOAT

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Oct 21 17:20:34 UTC 2022

Hi

My understanding is that the initial burst happened October 8 / 9 ( depending on time zone)
and that they have been looking at the “ramp down” on the burst ever since.

Based on the chart on the Space Weather site ( and reproductions of the same data elsewhere),
the initial burst was pretty impressive. It’s also the sort of thing that simply is impossible to
put into a GPS broadcast propagation model. That’s what got me wondering if there had
been some sort of effect.

Indeed this would be a lot easier to dig into if the world in general caught word of it a bit
sooner. Unfortunately, I only noticed an article about it well after the initial burst happened.

Bob