[time-nuts] Re: Phase Noise Measurement in Dallas

Thomas Tammann t at tammann.com
Thu Oct 27 13:58:29 UTC 2022

Very cool, thanks so much Bob

As much as I understand your answer ;-) it makes all sense.

The challenge is really, that making my own clock to attach to my switch is way out of my league. Hence, I buy what I can and I try to understand the quality of the piece I bought.

Lets say there are two “identical” clocks, all I care really is the end result and how they compare to each other. And, as much as I understand, the phase noise is a good indicator.

I bough this clock on ALibaba with the promise that phase noise at 1HZ is 114dB…and I want to verify ;-)

Again, I appreciate very much how this community helps a noob ;-)

Cheers
Tom W5TAQ