[time-nuts] Re: Do crystals still jump?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Sep 7 18:48:07 UTC 2022

Hi,

Well, actually you steer back to the right frequency... but do not
compensate for the frequency deviation you experienced. So the net
effect will be a subtle frequency shift as a side-consequence. This is
similar to how ovens react too on temperature-shift. This also has
consequence for the phase, which the effect is easiest measured. I've
measured similar effect on a particuarly badly made lock-up design.

Cheers,
Magnus