[time-nuts] Re: Trimble Palisade problems

Steve Platt steve.platt at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 24 10:14:40 UTC 2022

On 23/09/2022 20:54, Hal Murray wrote:
> That combination seems strange.  After several years, the almanac is way out
> of date.  So how does it know where to look for satellites?  Or, if it has an
> up-to-date almanac, it's listening to satellites.  ??
>
> What are you using for software to show the satellites?  Did anything change
> in that area?
>
> Have you tried Lady Heather?
>
> Can you do a system reset so it starts clean?
>
> Are the 10 MHz and PPS out accurate?
Thanks for the reply Hal, to answer your queries briefly: there are no
longer any signals being received!

Software-wise, I had been using NTP to get time from the unit, for
years.  Since the problem, I've been monitoring the TSIP on port B using
GPSD (I run Linux) however, in desperation(!) I booted Windows and am
now using PalisadeMonitor.exe on port B, which confirms that there are
no signals received (even several days after power-up).

I've tried issuing "cold start" and "factory reset" to no avail.  I did,
on the bright side, manage to upgrade the firmware from 7.10 to 7.12
(and it still booted ok!) but no signals are being received, therefore
no PPS output.

Steve