[time-nuts] Re: Symmetricom XLi question

Mark G Thomas mark at misty.com
Tue Sep 27 13:53:29 UTC 2022

Hi,

I now have two 87-8028-2 boards, both with Furino GT-8031H on them, both
which get stuck for days UNLOCKED, in state "TRAIM ACTIVE". I have ordered
Jackson Labs M12Ms to upgrade them.

>F119 b1 s
F119 B1:
     GPS PART NUMBER 87-8028-02
     SOFTWARE 230-01510-04v1.20
     FPGA 184-8024v1
     GPS STATUS UNLOCKED
     GPS ANTENNA OK
     GPS ACQUISITION STATE: TRAIM ACTIVE

This might mean more XLi units showing up, and cheaper, on e-bay, if
these GPS units have hit some other rollover and no longer work at all.

Info in this article was helpful, as it includes instructions for
displaying the web usernames and passwords if a prior owner changes them:
   https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/symmetricom-xli-license-hack/

Mark