[time-nuts] Re: Rooftop GNSS antenna mounting recommendations

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jul 5 00:33:53 UTC 2023

Hi

So, what really matters here?

Number one is coverage. How much of the sky can you see from the antenna? The more
the better. Exactly how you dimension “more” depends on the GNSS system you are tracking.

Next may well be the quality of the antenna. How that is “dimensioned” depends a lot on
the bands you are after and what you will do with the data.

After that comes fun stuff like stable mounts.

The list does go on a bit from here ….

Getting to “best” will always be a combination of things.

Bob