[time-nuts] Re: HP 5061Bs on ebay

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:55:31 UTC 2023

Totally agree with the comments its a real gamble. Even if it says the tube
works what does that mean? The beams high enough to lock. I can tell you
the beam can be unreadable and the system will lock. I have a 5061 unit
with 0 beam and the metering circuit is not bad.
That gets to Bobs comments well its locked but how good. The noise is
higher and the stability is noisey. It can be seen using a good reference
and a scope. But on average it tends to stay put.
The unfortunate reality is the asking price is something but at 60 LBs the
shipping is expensive.
By all means go for it. It has been a great education for me at least
working with the 5061s and FTS.
But go in eyes wide open.
Good luck to you.
Paul