[time-nuts] Re: Datum/ET5390-6000 White Wire change for DT102E FW and bodge-wire

Steve Uckerman stevejxl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 15:46:28 UTC 2023

Hi Paul!

My apologies.. I fat-fingered the title.. Ugh!
You are correct, I meant the Datum 9390-6000.

I have the "E" images for DT102/103 (they were sent to me directly from
Symmetricom back in '09), although this is the OCXO version so only 102 is
needed.
I distinctly remember there was a white-wire mod needed which if memory
serves correctly, had to do with the boot-up of the unit.

Fun fact.. Back on March 21, 2009, this little ditty of a GPS bug took all
of our Payload Uplink antennas into the ground at Sirius Radio. I was out
to dinner with my (now Ex) wife and a group of friends and sat on a curb
outside of a restaurant for almost 2 hours trying to figure out what had
happened and how to restore tracking.. We were on the phone with
Symmetricom immediately and they were just as surprised as we were.
What a flustercluck. Our firmware fix came overnight delivery right from
the lab! LOL.

I did get my 9390 to lock-up (I want to use this for a freq reference on my
home lab/bench), although it's finicky at startup.
I'll do a bit more digging and see if I can find the original
instructions...

Steve